Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Gearing up for Christmas...

A few days before Thanksgiving we put the Christmas decorations up. Molly is obsessed with the tree and thinks it is "sad" when the lights are off. She is so funny and everything is such a big deal to her that it makes things so much fun. It is "magical" for her in every way and I love watching her excitement. We have a little pink princess tree for her room and then our normal tree. She got the letter "M" ornament for the tree this year and just loves it. We also have a snowman that sings and grows tall and then shrinks back down. She could push this thing 500X if I would let her.
We decided for Family night we would watch "ELF" and decorate the "hou" as Molly calls it. She was so excited about this house she picked the house over the train. She ate most of the candy, I am surprised we had enough to decorate the thing. Every time she would come to help put candy on she would swipe her finger over the icing and be happy as pie and ever so proud of herself. It is quite the gingerbread house with little finger swipes all over:) I think she loved it and now when she sees it she calls it the "cany hou" (candy house). I can't wait to see what sugar cookie adventure lays ahead with this little sugar junky!One knife of Icing+One gumball=One happy kidA little Elf watching and dancing! Don't know what the excitement is, but I LOVE this picture. She is thrilled with the work that is going on in her "cany hou"!Taking a picture with the finished house, but Molly had other plans- Frosting.....O yeah, MORE FROSTING....

This morning since we had Ally, we decided to do a craft. Now Ally wants to do crafts every day and I wanted Molly to help make hers as much as possible. We made Christmas Countdowns, they turned out pretty darn cute. I cut out all Molly's pieces, but she glued them all and then I showed her where to put them. She did a very good job! Should be interesting to see how long the chain lasts, as I don't think she will understand it only gets torn once a day. O well, it's cute and she loves it so who cares.I am so excited to get this season into full swing, this weekend Molly gets to see Santa and who knows what else we will do. I love the hot chocolate and treats that come along with this time of year and especially love watching how excited Molly gets for it all.
----------------------------------
Baby Update:
We had our ultrasound with the specialist yesterday and Maggie still has that blasted white spot on her heart. He ruled out every big possible problem and she has a great healthy set of pipes according to her heart anyways. She is healthy, wiggly, and growing just as she should. We have another follow up right after Christmas just to make sure the spot hasn't gotten bigger. I guess he assumes it is just a thicker piece of muscle or something like that. If it gets bigger then we will have to get more testing and things like that done, but if it is still there and no change then there will be nothing more to worry about and she can just have an extra "angel kiss" a part of her forever with no problem. So we wait and see, but everyone is confidant that it is nothing to worry about. It is pretty fun to see how much bigger she gets every time.

3 comments:

Janet said...

Looks like you are into full Christmas mode at your house.
How Fun!!!

Kurt and Shelli Barnum said...

How fun! My boys got into setting things up too. I'm glad Molly is enjoying things. And I'm sure Maggie is going to come out as perfect as Molly!

therichardsfam said...

You have so much fun with Molly. It makes me feel bad that we have done nothing for the holidays yet. I am going to get on the ball. I hope things go well for your pregnancy. I am sure it will. We miss you guys, and we will have to have you over to make cookies sometime next week.