Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Alec's Funeral..

My sweet cousin Alec who had cerebral palsy and was 35 years old died un-expectantly  on Jan. 5th of pneumonia. It came as a shock and broke our hearts, but we knew he was in a better place with a perfect body. The next morning when I told the girls Molly looked deep in thought as to take it all in. Maggie looked at me and said " But mom, now Alec can talk and dance" in fact she has a special Alec dance she created to show Aunt Jill what Alec's dance in heaven looked like. To this day she asks me if I want to see her Alec dance. So sweet! 

Marissa had the idea to paint Alec's casket like a red mustang since red cars were his favorite. Since my dad paints cars he took on the challenge. It was a team effort to sand and put back together, but well worth it. I didn't do much but help tape things off. We were even able to get real Mustang emblems to go on the sides of the casket. It was the coolest part. 

We also had 35 red/white balloons waiting at the graveside to let go of in honor of his 35 years. It was one of the most touching spiritual funerals I have ever been to and was so neat to hear what everyone had to say. It was also fun to see family we rarely get to see. Both my moms brothers and parents came down so their whole little family was together. It was a beautiful tribute to Alec and we loved seeing pictures and hearing stories of him. As sad as it was it was a really great day.










The cutest grandma- Grandma Grape as my girls call her loves on my girls every second she can get. Somehow she got Maggie in the sweetest little love I love these pictures the most out of any from the funeral- Maggie loves her Grandma Grape so much and the feeling is mutual the pictures tell it all and I love them so much. 







 Chris-Kara-Jill-Jeff

Their whole family 

My sweet Molly 


No comments: