Maggie K. Broadhead
Feb. 12,2010 2:48pm
7 lbs. 13 oz. 19.5 inches
Dark Black Hair
Looks just like her big sister Molly
WOW! I really thought Maggie would come on the 14th the day we were scheduled to get induced. WRONG!!! I started having some contractions at about 5 in the morning and they were 10 minutes apart so I just thought they would probably stop. Well Clint left for school and not 20 minutes later I had to call him home because they were coming every 5. I really thought we would get there, they would monitor me and send me home. WRONG again- I got admitted and when they checked I was a 5+ then once I actually got in a room they checked and I was almost a 7. I got the epidural rolling and didn't feel a darn thing. Some pressure every once in a while, but nothing crazy and I could still feel her moving pretty good, just no pain. After about an hour they checked and I was a 8+ This was about 2:15. They decided to check again about 20 minutes later and Bam I was a 9+ and could start pushing. I told them I couldn't start pushing because my mother in law wasn't there yet. She walked in and everyone was ready to rock so we started to push with the next contraction. 3 pushes, then the next contraction 1 push and BAM miss Maggie was here. She weighs the exact same as Molly did, but was about 2 inches shorter. It was so easy and I couldn't believe she was here and so darn quick. That is the short story, but long enough with all these pictures. She is doing just marvelous- nurses like a champ and poops like a champ all the plumbing works and for that I am grateful. The hardest part about the whole thing was not being able to see my Molly girl for basically 24 hours I guess. They lifted the swine flu ban enough to let healthy adults over 15 in, but still no kids not even siblings. So we did get to have both mine and Clint's mom in the delivery room which was a total bonus because we didn't think that would even happen. I am so glad to be home with both my sweet girls taking naps next to each other. Molly is in heaven she just wants to see the "tute baby" She is mauling her to death when she wants to, but most of the time is being a total show off for those that have been by to visit. I am so lucky to have 2 healthy, beautiful little girls and a sweet caring husband who would do anything for us. We are now officially a family of 4! Welcome to the clan little bug!
Enjoy lots of pictures these are especially for those who cant be here to see her in person just yet!
Feb. 12,2010 2:48pm
7 lbs. 13 oz. 19.5 inches
Dark Black Hair
Looks just like her big sister Molly
WOW! I really thought Maggie would come on the 14th the day we were scheduled to get induced. WRONG!!! I started having some contractions at about 5 in the morning and they were 10 minutes apart so I just thought they would probably stop. Well Clint left for school and not 20 minutes later I had to call him home because they were coming every 5. I really thought we would get there, they would monitor me and send me home. WRONG again- I got admitted and when they checked I was a 5+ then once I actually got in a room they checked and I was almost a 7. I got the epidural rolling and didn't feel a darn thing. Some pressure every once in a while, but nothing crazy and I could still feel her moving pretty good, just no pain. After about an hour they checked and I was a 8+ This was about 2:15. They decided to check again about 20 minutes later and Bam I was a 9+ and could start pushing. I told them I couldn't start pushing because my mother in law wasn't there yet. She walked in and everyone was ready to rock so we started to push with the next contraction. 3 pushes, then the next contraction 1 push and BAM miss Maggie was here. She weighs the exact same as Molly did, but was about 2 inches shorter. It was so easy and I couldn't believe she was here and so darn quick. That is the short story, but long enough with all these pictures. She is doing just marvelous- nurses like a champ and poops like a champ all the plumbing works and for that I am grateful. The hardest part about the whole thing was not being able to see my Molly girl for basically 24 hours I guess. They lifted the swine flu ban enough to let healthy adults over 15 in, but still no kids not even siblings. So we did get to have both mine and Clint's mom in the delivery room which was a total bonus because we didn't think that would even happen. I am so glad to be home with both my sweet girls taking naps next to each other. Molly is in heaven she just wants to see the "tute baby" She is mauling her to death when she wants to, but most of the time is being a total show off for those that have been by to visit. I am so lucky to have 2 healthy, beautiful little girls and a sweet caring husband who would do anything for us. We are now officially a family of 4! Welcome to the clan little bug!
Enjoy lots of pictures these are especially for those who cant be here to see her in person just yet!
Grandma's all ready to help in delivery- They asked if they wanted "splash guards" and they both thought they were pretty sweet. Neither needed them, but makes for a great picture. My mom got to cut the cord because Clint felt it appropriate seeing as the K. is after her.

All in all we are so grateful to have Maggie here safe and sound and that she came on her own time. There is something so special about new babies, you just feel the spirit so strong and can't help but think of great things and who they may have just left. I like to think my dad gave her a special angel kiss for me on her way down. Just precious, nothing could ever compare.
11 comments:
She is so cute Brielle! I am glad everything went good and it sounds like it was a pretty easy going labor! That is way nice. I cna't wait to take her pictures!
She does look at lot like Molly...she definitely has the same nose.
I'm so bummed I can't be there! Congrats you guys...love you!
Way to go guys! You both do good work. Guess that means you should have half a dozen (hahah Clint probably cringed).
Congrats!
Jenny Drummond
So cute! Congrats! I hope mine goes just as smooth!!
way to go brielle she's so darn cute! congrats! i bet molly's super excited to have her home now.
congrats brielle :)
Brielle...I am so happy for you. I am baby hungry! for reals. haha. I feel like I can't even remember livy as a newborn anymore. BUT MAGGIE IS BEAUTIFUL. I love her, she is sooo dang precious. i want to hold her.
Congrats! She is a cutie and does remind me a lot of molly! I'm so excited I only have a few short weeks left!
She is perfect, Brielle! Congrats to everyone. So glad your labor went smoothly. Enjoy those tiny baby moments!
Yay!! I'm so happy for you! And I agree- Dr. Lunt is the BEST doctor!! Delivered both of my kids! :) CONGRATS!!! She looks adorable!
they are so cute breeze! you are so lucky to have 2 beautiful girls.
Post a Comment