Jan. 1st:
We decided it was time to break Maggie of her beloved binky- I had talked to her about it a couple days ahead of time and we even went to the store and she got to pick out a little toy for when she threw her binkies in the garbage and was a big girl.
She was ready, so on Sunday after church, we gathered all her binks and let her suck on them one more time and then would cut the top off and give it to her for her to throw in the trash- She did awesome and was throwing them away really quick and talking about her Minnie purse. When I got to the last one- her favorite one with the unicorn on it I snipped the top and handed it to her and she burst into tears sobbing "my binky mommy, my binky" It was so pitiful I started to cry and just held her in my lap and told her she was a big girl. It really broke my heart I felt so bad for her.
I let her play longer than normal before naps because I was dreading it really. The time came and it took me over 30 min. to get her to sleep and the whole 30 min. she was crying her heart out. It was so heartbreaking and I even shed some more tears. She usually sleeps for over 2 hours well today she slept for about 45 min. then woke up sobbing more saying "my binky mommy, mommy, mommy my binky" tear jerker again for sure. So I let her get up and watch Mickey...
I was really dreading bed time and it actually went surprisingly well, when it was time for bed I sang some silly songs with her then "I am a Child of God" and she fell right to sleep not even a whimper. 10 min. later she woke up crying, but only for a second until I told her she still had her blankey and "bear bear"....
Even her new prize was not enough to cover those sobs...Bless her little heart!
After the shock wore off and she was eating some chocolate she was a happy girl, until the 3 times she would go get that unicorn bink out of the garbage and start to sob again-that's when Clint took the trash out and that made things a lot easier for it to not even be in sight....
My baby girl is growing up and I don't like it one bit....
Way to go Maggie K. !!!!
Update: Jan. 9, 2012
Maggie's first 2 days were awful, asking for and screaming for her binky all day long and especially at nap/bed time was so not fun in fact she didn't nap for 3 days! She didn't sleep through the night at all and was up every hour or two. By the fourth night she slept all through the night but naps were still a battle.. It was not until this past Sunday, so a whole week later that she went to sleep really fast and didn't mention her binky once. She talks about it and says it went bye bye to the birdies at the garbage, but she does not ask for or cry for it any more. The car is not fun since she screams the whole time just because, but that too is getting better. I give us one more week and we should be golden!!! The greatest plus to this is her talking seems to have sky rocketed and we can understand her more and more every day!
1 comment:
These pictures tell the entire story! I am so proud of her, she is adorable!!!
Post a Comment