Friday, November 23, 2012

Tree Decorating and "Toot" returns..

Tree Decorating:
We had a slight delay in getting our tree up our old tree was not working at all well all the lights were not working and the plugs were fire hazards so we trashed it and were on the hunt for a small cheap tree until the after Christmas sales to get a nicer one. Believe it or not this skinny tree is growing on me and actually fits better in our house so it may just be a keeper! Molly has asked me for about 2 weeks if we could get the Christmas stuff out. I finally caved and at least decorated the house and Clint hung the lights outside until we got our tree. We set the tree up a couple days ago after the girls went to bed and I decorated most of it saving ornaments for them to do in the morning. They were so excited when they woke up to the tree and could hardly wait to decorate it. They got so excited when they found their ornaments from past years and tried to find all with their names on them. Molly loved it for the first 10 min. then she just wanted to play. Maggie was really into it till the last ornament was hung. I asked them if I could get a picture of them in front of the tree and the results were pretty typical of when I try to get a picture of my two crazies...










 "Toot" Returns:
Last year "Toot" the elf started bringing the girls a gift on the door step when he first showed up. Maggie was too little last year to understand, but this year we have been talking a lot about him and Santa. In fact whenever I pick up my phone after Mag or Mol has gotten in trouble Maggie yells "Don't tall Santa" I think this elf, Santa business is going to really work in my favor this year. Back to the elf, He knocked on the door and Molly answered she was so excited they both could not wait to get their hands on those presents. We brought him inside, read the letter he brought and tore into the presents. It gave me good insight into the excitement of Christmas morning and I can not wait. Toot brought them a gingerbread man kit and each a new holiday LaLaLoopsy (surprise). They were so giddy the rest the night, Molly then insisted we pop popcorn and watch a Christmas movie. They sure get into the holidays with so much excitement, which makes me even more excited -if that's even possible. So, Toot is here to stay and watch the girls and he may or may not get into some trouble. Love these girls and love the traditions we have for our own little family.












No comments: