Tuesday, August 19, 2008

To Grandmothers House We Go

Warning:::: Long Post ahead::::: Proceed with Caution :P

Well this past weekend we went to my Grandma Ferrons(Jans) house (Clint calls her that because she lives in Ferron- A little town about 1 1/2 hrs north of Richfield.) Molly and I had to go up there because my Grandpa on my Dads side passed away due to a long, long battle with cancer. It was such a blessing to have him go back to Heavenly Father and leave his poor sick body. So we were all relived for his sake I guess. It was hard, but we had a lot of fun too. My Mom and Dads parents both live in the same town so even though we went up for a funeral on my dads side we stayed with my grandma on my moms side-I know a little confusing. I took my little brother Cody up with me since Clint had just started school and couldn't get away. He was such a big help in the car and it was SO much fun to get away and up to my Grandmas I have not been up there for over a year.








My Grandma Jan has a million trees all around her farm and in one particular tree there is a rope swing and I think I had as much fun as Molly did. Grandma also has a kitty and Molly loved chasing it all around.



My Grandpa is a champ he is a total farmer and I just love it. He is constantly changing water, bailing or cutting hay or some other farm related activity he is such a hard worker. We love tractor rides with Grandpa.


My Grandma gave me this chair to bring home and re-paint for Molly. I guess it just happened to be my moms from when she was a little girl and she got it out of the bushes at her great-great-grandmas house. A very OLD chair, but I just love it and when we got it home and put it in the living room Molly wont leave it a lone. So Cute! My Grandma wanted a picture of Molly on the chair facing forward-as you can see she was not pleased.


My little brother built this tree house after tearing the one that I built down because it was old and dangerous. He did a good job and Molly didn't want any help while being up there. She thought it was so much fun. There is also a picture of Molly on her chair again, but this time she kinda looks like an orphan so mismatched and out of sorts but life on a farm what do you expect.


We had so much fun on our little road trip. I got to spend time with people from both sides of my family. Even though we went up for a funeral we had a lot of fun. I loved spending time with my Grandma Snow looking through old pictures of her when she was a little girl. I loved hot chocolate in the mornings with Grandma Ferron. I loved watching Molly explore a new domain. I loved watching Molly eat everything Grandma would give her and I mean EVERYTHING. I loved seeing my Grandpa Snow look so peaceful at his funeral and knowing that I will see him again. I just loved everything about this fun trip it. I loved watching my little brother steal away the baby from who ever had her and make her smile and laugh. I especially loved how much my Grandma Ferron told me she loved having us there and not having to share Molly with anyone else. It was so much fun and I want to go back right now. Thanks Gramps and Grammy Jan for letting us stay with you and for feeding us.
PS: I also updated my Photo Blog with three sets of pictures:P www.briellebroadhead.blogspot.com

4 comments:

Abbey said...

Thank you thank you for all of those pictures!! Man, I miss that little girls so much! She's getting so big and I'm missing it.. geez! Love you!

Janet said...

I'm so glad you were able to spend time with Grandma and Grandpa Ferron, it looks like you had a blast! It's easy to see how much they loved having you. It was nice of Cody to sacrifice school and go with you. What at great kid!

TADDy Daddy said...

hi brielle, sorry about your grandpa. its best sometimes but still very sad 2. im happy u could have a little bet of fun family time 2. love tadd

Anonymous said...

Oh no, she isn't potty trained, she is VERY interested but I heard to not even attempt until 18 months, and they can go to bed without a bottle. So that's the plan! She just drinks so much juice and always overflows her diaper and gets very upset when she is wet.