Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Potty Training

Well, about 2 weeks ago we started Potty Training. Molly was showing all the signs of being ready and everyone was telling me to just do it because if I didn't do it when she showed she was ready, I would miss it and it could be years before she actually got it. I was a little worried about it because She was just 16 months old at the time and there wasn't/isn't a whole lot of communication coming out of her yet. She has little q's that we watch now and know when she needs to go potty. A lot of the time she will walk into the potty and we follow her and put her on and wa-la success. She has been doing really well. Each time she goes she gets a Princess Sticker and some M&M's. She doesn't care about the candy as much as her stickers. If you ask her if she went potty she looks directly at her arm @ her stickers. For a while I would stay home all day long until later in the day after naps and all that if I needed to run somewhere we would put her in a diaper. Just because we weren't brave enough to take her in public and pee everywhere. Well we did that for like 2 weeks-Home only Panties except for nap. Public Diaper, with regular potty spots. A lot of the time her diaper stayed dry the entire trip into town. Just this week I finally braved it and have taken her to her grandmas houses with success of no accidents in the car or while we were there. Monday we took her in town to get some things at Costco, and exchange something at Old Navy all the while in her panties. She did awesome, we took the long way home and she had a lot of Milk to drink in the car and so knew she would probably have an accident. A block from our house she peed in her seat, I would say that is pretty good for how little she is. We are keeping it up and seeing improvement every single day.
Way to go Molly J!(Click the pictures to make them bigger)
These pictures are from the first 4 days. I took her picture in the morning and made account of her success and accidents. As you can see from day 1 to day 4 was a HUGE improvement, and it has gotten even better since. Now she may have one accident a day, if that.
My little girl is growing up so fast, and with each new day is a new trick she learns. She definitely keeps us on our toes. We love you Smooshy!

ps- I finally am getting back into the photog thing, so I updated my photo blog briellebroadhead.blogspot.com

3 comments:

Abbey said...

Way to go Molly J! We love you!

Jimmy, Cassie and Family said...

I soooo wish Tanner was ready. I hear girls get it alot sooner than boys. Way to go!

Alana said...

can i just send Anika to your house for a few days for potty camp?