Monday, January 11, 2010

My Poor Molly Girl

1 Trip to Insta-Care+
1 Bottle of Calamine Lotion+
1 Bottle of Benadryl+
4 Nights of Crappy Sleep+
5 Pairs of Footed Jamies+
2 Soda Baths+
Lots of calls to Grandmas+
Lots of Picture taking+
Lots of Treats+
Lots and Lots of "circle owies" all over+
Lots and Lots of Itching+
Lots and Lots of snuggles with my little girl=
H I V E S

Molly's Legs Saturday Morning
Molly's Belly Saturday MorningThe Back of Molly's legs Saturday Night-the rest of her body looked pretty much like this too!Molly Sunday Morning in a Soda Bath
WAY WORSE THAN SATURDAY!

Molly Sunday Night- Still just as bad if not worse than in the morning
Her Belly Button and under her arms were the VERY worse along with the top of her little thighs.

We had quite the weekend- Molly woke up Saturday with little spots and we had NO idea what they were from. I thought first hives then chicken pox or roseola. Well after showing her to both our parents we thought hives and gave her some Benadryl to keep her from itching. Well Sunday morning she woke up like 100% worse then the day before and was even more miserable. I needed to make sure she wasn't contagious since I tend kids all week. Well we decided to take her to Insta-Care and see what they say and if they can up the dose of Benadryl to make it actually work. Well after IHC they confirmed it as hives and told me to double the dose of Benadryl. Last night was the first night Molly has slept through the night in about 5 days and she took a killer nap yesterday as well. This morning she woke up looking a million times better and she still has spots all over, but they are faded and not swollen or itchy. She had to miss dance this morning and was pretty sad- I didn't want people to freak about the "circle owies" all over her. She is on the mend and I am so glad. We still don't know what the cause was or what she is allergic to that would have caused this. We did nothing different this week and she didn't eat anything unusual either so I guess we will never know. After hives and an overdose on Motrin I am ready for a very slow/calm week!
PS: the pictures do not do the hives justice at all!

3 comments:

therichardsfam said...

Oh Brielle, that makes me want to cry seeing all those little awees. Poor Molly and poor you. I am glad that she is getting better. That must have been miserable.

Talia Vaughn said...

Oh my gosh brielle! That poor little thing...she seems so happy in the pictures though! I would be freaking out. I hope you get some sleep before your new one comes! love ya

Kurt and Shelli Barnum said...

Give me a call. I do that several times a year- I have a Dr. you can call that may be able to help... he helps me anyway. I'm sorry it happened to poor Molly. It sucks. I know!!! Call me!