Sunday, March 7, 2010

Smiling and On my Toes

This has kept me smiling:

Sweet Maggie from the first of the week...
Crazy after nap hair.....
Spunky two year old who knows how to accessorize...
She loves that silly hat....Sunny Park days-3 times this week-
Molly thinking she is WAY bigger than she really is. She thinks she should be able to play on that with the big kids who go fast and knock her off and scrape up her face. O well I warned her she was too little and she insisted on trying and wanted to tray again after she fell off and got her feelings her. We need to go when its not so crowded so she can do it by herself with me pushing slowly.
This has kept me on my toes:

RSV/Bronchiolitis

Maggie got the nasty bug, we have been so careful, but she still got it. It is super scary in little babies so when she started getting congested and coughing I decided to take her to her doctor, her doctor was off so we saw his NP and he was so cute and sweet with my little baby. He thought she looked fairly well considering she did in fact have RSV. He had her swabbed to be tested for it then he had me give her a breathing treatment then he came back with the results as positive for the nasty little bug. He was pretty surprised because she wasn't struggling too hard to breath. But that sweet little bug gave us a 7 day prescription to go to the hospital to get her nose suction out so she could breath, eat, and sleep. She went Friday night and then once Saturday morning and night, I am watching her closely to see if we need to take her this morning. We have to take her every night since they get more stuffy at night and then as needed throughout the day. It is the saddest thing ever and I don't wish this on anyone. She just wants to be held, which I don't argue with of course all I wanna do is hold her and make her feel safe and happy. She has been such a trooper and we either got lucky with a mild case, or it is just the beginning we have to just wait and watch. Along with RSV she has bronchiolitis or something like that and her sweet little cry sounds like a sick kitty cat when she can actually get that much sound out. It is so so sad, and I am hoping she is on the downhill slide to recovery. Thankfully my mom has been here and able to take Molly while we run Maggie back and forth, if Molly saw what they did she would totally freak, so we keep her in the dark. She just tells me "my baby sick" and "babies nose is yuck yuck yuck"

Waiting at the doctors office:
Breathing Treatment wasn't too bad, she just stared all around and was calm the whole time
They have to watch their chest and check their oxygen before and after the suctioning, luckily Maggie's gets better after they suction so we have stayed away from an admission to the hospital so far at least....
The pulsomiter I think is what its called or something like that they hook up to her the whole time to make sure shes okay and not too totally stressed out by the whole ordeal. Which she screams the whole time and I am the one that has to hold her head straight so they can clean her out.
More assessments....
This is Maggie this morning sleeping peacefully with not too labored of breathing, here's to hoping we don't have to go in until tonight....
This is the added bonus to my day, this cute little girl loves church and getting dressed up pretty. She is so hyper today and I just love how happy she is. Makes for a much brighter day!

3 comments:

Kurt and Shelli Barnum said...

Your girls are such dolls! Good luck with RSV! I hope she gets better soon!

Anonymous said...

ever since I met you at Dance Tracks I knew you'd be a great mom. Now, ten years later, you're proving it! I love your blogging--keep it up!

Kyler and Hillary said...

brielle...this is miserable. I am so sad she got it! I hope she just gets better!