This week has, well lets just say it hasn't been the best weeks in my life, infact it was one of the most draining, exhausting, sad, comical weeks ever. As one thing seemed to get better another thing slapped me in the face...
It all started Sunday night: Maggie started acting not herself, she had had a runny nose for a few days so I just thought it was a cold....WRONG!!! Sunday night she got a fever that lasted till Tuesday night... Her fever was anywhere from 100'-102' and would not go down with Tylenol or Motrin... Her bright eyes were just absent and she wouldn't even crack a smile- so the opposite of my Maggie Bug..Her doc told me not to take her in until it had been 3 days with the fever so I waited and Tuesday night I ran her to insta-care. She was so lethargic and pitiful really. It was the saddest thing I have ever seen, she was worse than when she had RSV and sicker than Molly has ever been so I was freaked.
They checked everything and couldn't find anything, but gave her an anti-biotic anyways to kick whatever she had. After the first dose her fever split and came back after a few hours but went away with Tylenol. I was so relieved well Wed. She didn't wake up any better although her fever was gone she was still way lethargic and sad. Thursday she woke up with a rash, I imediatly called the dr. and they said bring her right in, it could be an allergic reaction- Well no it was not an allergic reaction but he believed she had a very bad case of "Roseola" and was on the verge of 2 ear infections. - On top of all this Clint worked extra at Pasta cuz someone was out of town this week so he was gone from 8 am-10:30 pm every day!
Conclusion: Still on anti-biotic and Benadryl for her rash and Tylenol/Motrin for discomfort....for the first time today she actually played on the floor for oh 4 min. but it was 4 min. I was grateful for- I hope now she will be on the up and up.....
This was taken Monday- Tuesday was probably her worst day of them all
These were taken Thursday night... You can kinda see the rash on her face and then the rash is the worst on her back and belly
Not just having a sick baby, but a 2 1/2 yr. old who got totally neglected and then acted out because of the lack of attention was what really got me. I felt so bad for not playing with Molly like I usually do or even just snugglin her while watching her cartoons, I know she understood, but she still felt bad sometimes. We hung in there and tonight was pretty decent, both our moms have been awesome, My mom took Molly a few times, Janet took her one afternoon, I got a day off from tending, Janet brought us lunch today cuz she knew I was totally wiped out and my mom got us dinner and we had a little picnic tonight. I am so glad they are both here to help out when I really really need them and they just KNOW when to help without even asking. Thanks guys you truly saved my sanity.
And some fun pics from before the insanity started...
I happened to catch this cute pic as Clint opened the front door from work and said "hi" to Mag..precious
At the Rodeo Parade...
Do you see a pattern- this kid LOVES to pick her nose- o Miss Molly....
Molly goes "shopping @ Target" in Maggie's closet almost EVERY day....Gosh I love this kid..
Oh, and Maggie had her first "real" sucker today while in the tub-She actually had a dumb dumb at the parade early this day, but this was actually a "good" kind of sucker in my book...
Now, here's to the weekend I can hardly wait, I don't even tend kids till Tuesday I totally must be dreaming... I am in dire need of a big fat nap, a good movie, some treats, and uh, no more dr. offices for a while :)
Happy Weekend!!!!!
O and here are two videos of the kids I couldn't resist- First is Molly singing some great songs and second is Maggie crawling...
2 comments:
I love how long Mol's hair is so you can do it. It looks so cute flipped out and all curly. Mags is just precious as always.
Hope she is feeling better...I still think she is too little to be crawling. :)
Post a Comment