Sunday, April 22, 2012

Testing My Patience...

Don't let these two lovely crazy little ladies fool you! They have been seriously testing my patience this week- I have tried to keep them busy in hopes of distracting the madness, but sometimes they see past it and totally drive me crazy! I don't know what it is about this week, but its been especially challenging!

*Maggie wanting to pick out her clothes every day and the shoes that she will wear with it even if we can not find the matching pair and look for an hour even though I know I put them in the basket 10 min. prior!

*Molly jumping up and down in a tantrum because she was told "no"

*Molly and Maggie BOTH telling me "no" when asked to do something or clean something up or just when you look at them the wrong way

* The one day I actually go into town this week Clint had to work so they came with me solo-trying to make if fun getting slurpies and riding in the fun cart to make my life o... easier! WRONG way way WRONG! Maggie pretty much scaled the cart top to bottom and fell off the seats a dozen times with being buckled at some point mind you! A few episodes of Molly saying "I dont want to go down this way" " I dont like that way" "this is not the right way mom"

*Or the fact that Maggie needed to go potty at all three stores we went to- and at Target our last stop she yells"I gotta go poops real bad"(I just looked at her laughed and shook my head)- so we rushed to the potty had to park the cart with our stuff inside- go in and take her potty- then as we walked out back down the aisle with the books which I promised Molly we could come right back to Maggie turns and looks at me and says " I need to go pee" so back we go to the bathroom  park the cart unload the children and purse and she does actually have to go-so on the bright side no accidents were had. More of an inconvenience at this point in my already special day at Target with just one more thing that made it a little extra challenging!

*Crying everytime we get in the car because "I want the toy phone" "the suns in my eyes" "My shoes coming off"

*Conversations went a lot like this ALL DAY LONG!!! This one on the way to Target

ME:  "What are you going to buy with your Easter money from Grandpa?" 
MAGGIE: "A Lalaloopsy" 
MOLLY: "O me too, I can't wait to get a new one"  
MAGGIE:  (screaming) "No you not a lalaloopsy, Ma-Me get a lalaloopsy not LALA!" 
MOLLY: (crying) " I can get a Lalaloopsy, Mom Maggie said I can't get a Lalaloopsy"
Me: Molly dont listen to her, you can get whatever you want, just ignore her
MAGGIE: I get one not you LaLa
MOLLY: (still crying) MMMOOOOOOMMMM... I just want a LalaLoopsy with my dollars
ME: Molly is Maggie the boss? Mommy is the boss so don't worry about what Maggie says-you can buy whatever you want sweetheart- you don't need to cry and get upset about it, that's silly!
MAGGIE: (screaming/crying)  Wheres my dollars- I want my dollars now, my shoe come off fix it Mommy


*Bed times have been really special especially with Mag- she will go to bed at her normal time then wake up at 11 ready to party until 2AM she is happy, but so not going to sleep

*Fighting over the same toy even though we have 2 of the exact thing

*Arguing over which show we watch in the morning because it is always "My turn to pick the show"

Despite being quite a challenging week I would not trade this madness for the world- They may test my patience and drive me completely mad, but when they are sweet and funny it makes me love them all the more- I even manage to love them in their naughtiest states and I guess they are just teaching me patience and learning to grow and live with each other- I am really scared for those teenage years so say a few extra prayers in o say 10 years, but until then I guess we just embrace it and pray next week goes a little more smoothly-

 I guess its not always fun and smiley happy days/weeks and thats okay I still love the little ladies just as much! Even more it makes the days they say things like:  "Mom your the best mom in the whole planet" "Can you snuggle me for just one more minute" "That makes you look very pretty mom" "Aw you look tute Mommy" "Mom, I love this lunch its the best ever" "I love you Mommy" ...love them even more and cherish their little spirits that much more too! 

Here is too a smoother next week! Wish me luck!

No comments: