Molly has been in gymnastics since the first of the summer and although she has made huge improvements she is still very scared and nervous to do certain things like umm.. go upside down in any fashion- It is frustrating to watch because I know she can do it, but it really freaks her out and sends her into a panick attack at times so we don't mention it and just let her do what she is willing and wanting do it- I want it to be fun for her not scary- so with that in mind and now that school has started and she has ballet and tap already we decided that this would be our last month of gymnastics until next spring- I am going to give her a break and when Maggie turns 3 and can start then we will talk about it and let her try it again if she wants.
She really loves it, but we decided it would be best to take the break, let her gain a little more confidence in herself and then try again. She is OK with this idea and gets to take tap instead. It still makes me sad cuz she did love most of it and her teacher has helped her a lot in the last month so it made me a little sad to go through with pulling her for a bit. I just think with everything she is doing on top of gymnastics was just too much and she needs to be a kid still -
Since I just go my nice camera back I decided to take it to Gym that day and get some decent pictures of her. She was showing me all her tricks and her sweet teacher said Maggie could join them for the day so Maggie was on cloud nine and Molly couldn't wait to "teach" Maggie what to do. I love how much they love each other and how much they love to do things with each other. So it was the perfect day to get her in action.
The one thing she has not changed much on is the bars- she HATES to flip upside down on the bar, but will swing on them so its a start since at the beginning of the summer she would not even hang on them. She has also gotten really good at "the bridge" move. The skill she has improved the most on is the somersault- she would freak when she had to do them-even when I would try to help her at home she would just cry it scared her so bad. Her teacher figured out a little trick- if we just tap her foot as she is rolling she has no problem with it-it is the strangest thing, but I think that little tap gives her confidence that we are there and will help if needed. I am so proud of her for facing her fears and doing her best and if she wants to give it another shot next spring we will let her try again!
No comments:
Post a Comment