Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Called to Serve

Uncle Ky Ky received his Mission call tonight. It was so exciting and you could feel the spirit so strong, as I was recording with my camera I had the chills as he read where he was going. His hands were shaking so bad and Janet was standing behind him and could hardly stand it. That is her baby going on a mission-It is really surreal. When I first met Ky he was still in middle school, I just can't picture him being old enough to go on a mission. We are all going to miss him so much, but at the same time are so proud of his decision to go. He is going to be such a good missionary and I know he will be able to spread the gospel to so many people. It is going to be very hard for Molly(and me) to not see her Ky Ky so often, but it will still be good. She will just have to draw him pictures and what not. O my goodness I still just can't believe it. So, to see where he is going watch the video k(sorry its a little dark)- He leaves March 4,2009! We love you Ky and are so proud of you. Good Luck Elder Broadhead!
In case you don't hear it well he is going to serve in the Taipei, Taiwan mission speaking Mandarin Chinese!

This is Ky and all his buddies!

This is Ky pulling his sad face with Molly cuz she was crying-She is going to miss him!

4 comments:

Abbey said...

Thanks for the video Brielle! I'm so bummed that I missed it, even though I was on the phone, it's still nice to see it all! I am so proud of that kid!

Janet said...

Thank you Brielle!

Kevyn said...

What a treasure of a video to have. It was so fun watching and listening to it. I mostly got a kick out of Janet because I know what a precious moment it is for a mommy when her son opens his mission call. I got teary eyed. Thanks for the vid Brielle. Luv, Kevyn

Parowan Jr. Drill Competition said...

Brell...what a precious moment to catch on film. I'm so glad that you married into such a fantastic family. And I'm so happy that family has fantastic YOU! What a good fit you all make. You're the best! ~oxox~Maggie