Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter, Easter, Easter.....

<<<Warning- Long Post>>>

To start the Easter festivities we met up at Becky's house to go to the Santa Clara Easter Egg hunt, I couldn't believe how crazy some of the parents get at things like this-it just blows my mind. We let Molly and Ayla do it all by themselves with a little coaching as to "pick up the egg" and that was it. Ayla went to town and totally got the concept she is almost 3. Molly picked up 5 pieces of candy and was pretty proud of herself. She loved holding her little basket. Halli and Tes did really good too, getting the golden egg and other plastic eggs. It was pretty impressive. We knew the egg hunt isn't the greatest, and is over very quickley. So we hid 5 dozen plastic eggs in my moms back yard and let the girls go at it again.I think we might make a tradition out of it. They loved it and there was even some eggs with money- those were their favorite. It was so fun to go with Becky and the girls-both our husbands worked so we made a girls day of it. Molly has WAY too much candy- and absolutely loved playing with Halli, Tes, and Ayla.
The Easter Bunny indeed hopped by our house. Molly got some fun things- She got: A backpack, swim suite, jelly shoes, candy, hair elastics, a book,finger paints, some art paper, some little tennis balls and candy. She made a hall. I can't wait to finger paint with her. And the backpack is going to be so nice because now I don't have to take a huge diaper bag around because we really don't need it. I can put an extra pair of clothes and toys and snacks in her own back pack- we don't need diapers anymore so why take such a big bag around.Checking out her eggs and Easter loot.The Easter Bunny came to visit Molly J.Just some random pictures from the morning, in the bottom corner you will see M&M's spilled all over the floor-the Easter Bunny did that, Molly sat in the middle of them all before she went to her basket and ate them like crazy-shoving a handful in at a time.

Molly gets a new Easter Dress every year- I always did when I was little so we carry on that tradition.

My Beautiful Easter Girl. She looked so precious and beautiful in her little Easter Dress.The Cutest Girl in Nursery:) I know I am bias...

After church we pulled in at the same time as Molly's newest little best buddy Bentley. He is so cute and loves to play with Molly- Bentley is almost 2 1/2 and Molly almost 1 1/2 so they are pretty close in age and size. They play so cute together and Molly loves to look for Bentley in his window to see if he can play. She kept trying to give him kisses and he just wanted to throw rocks and giggle at her. SO SO CUTE!!! I hope the weather is nice this week so they can play outside together.
A little Easter family picture. It was windy outside so they aren't what I had hoped, but they will do- we are in serious need of some "real" family pics. I have got to get on that.We had an awesome Easter,and I am so grateful for the gospel and our Savior. Sometimes the real reason of Easter gets over shadowed by Easter Bunnies, and Candy- but we need to remember the true meaning of this special day. It was a great one for us and I think Molly had a great day- She was pretty tuckered out and is sleeping so soundly.

5 comments:

Josh and Amber said...

Looks like you guys had a very good Easter! And the Easter Bunny did for sure come see little miss Molly, but umm...what about you and clint???? Glad you guys had a good Easter! All the pics are so cute!

Janet said...

What a fun weekend! Molly looks super cute in her new Easter dress, what a doll!

Alana said...

Molly looks too cute in her easter dress. She makes my day when she comes in to work!

Kurt and Shelli Barnum said...

She is too cute! It looks like you guys had a great weekend. I think your Easter Bunny should come to my house! Molly made bank! :-)

bethi said...

looks like you guys had fun! She is such a doll!
(I got edi's flip flops at christensens...she loves them!!)