I am not looking forward to writing this post, but it must be done. We have a new Guardian Angel watching over us. My sweet dad passed away today in the late afternoon. He has been battling some health issues for quite some time now. 2 years ago this May his health was quite bad, they told us he would probably not last 2 more days. Well here it is almost 2 years later and he just barely past. He got better that August while I was still pregnant with Molly. He told me he wasn't going to go because he needed to see my baby girl, and my sister get married.(My sister is not married, but he has got to see her grow up to a beautiful youg woman) So he did get to see my baby girl and was one proud grandpa. 3 weeks ago we had to put him in a care center where he could be monitored and such because my grandma couldn't do it anymore. His health rapidly went down since then and we have thought he was going to go for quite a few days. I know it is his style to go out with a bang so he picked April Fools Day! It is just like him he was quite the joker, and pretty crazy at that, he was also VERY stubborn.He truely "lived" his life to the fullest he could. He always made us laugh and gave us a good story. With his health issues and previous accidents (Coal Mine Cave in, Boat wreck, and 4 really bad car wrecks) He should have died many times, but didn't. I always said he had 20 lives, but it was his time.I am so happy for him to be out of his sick body with a failing liver. If he would not have been on pain meds, he would have suffered a lot. He was on pain meds and since he was terminal they pretty much do everything they can to make you comfortable. So that's what we did, the last week I have spent every day with him. It has been a very long, draining, sad-yet happy week. My Grandma, Molly, and I have spent a lot of time watching all the old people at the care center, I guess it gave us some things to laugh about in this sad time. Needless to say, we are relieved for him, no more sick body, no more pain, no more suffering. He taught me a lot and I will surely miss him. The past like 7 months I have called him everyday to see how he was doing. The past 2 weeks I have not been able to since he has not been able to answer. It is the thing I will miss most, aside from him of course. I know he will be watching over me from heaven and watch my children grow too. I loved him so much and can't wait till I will see him again dancing in the clouds in a healthy body.
Thanks Dad, I love you, and will miss you!!
12 comments:
I'm so sorry that you have to go through this Brielle, but I know that he was really sick. I always love hearing funny stories about him in the care center!
Molly will be really lucky to have such a great guardian angel!
I am so sorry about your Dad. If you ever need anything just let me know. I know he will always be watching over you guys!
I'm sorry to hear about your dad. He sounds like he was a fun and loving guy and will be the best guardian angel for you and your family!
Brielle Love you tons and hope you are doing well
We love you Brielle and are proud of you for always being so sweet and attentive to your dad. We are always here with anything you need.
I.m so sorry to hear about your Dad. What a blessing to be able to spend so much time with him before he passed. My thoughts are with you.
Sorry to hear about your loss, but what a wonderful tribute to him. I am sure he is watching you from heaven and is so proud of what an amazing mom/person you are.
Sorry to hear about your dad! I hope you are doing ok...I'll be thinking about you!
Brielle! I have been thinking of you and your family. Love you lots!!! hang in there.
Brielle... I'm so sorry to hear about your dad... My thoughts are with you and your family. I'm sure he will definitely be watching out for his adorable granddaughter. This was a beautiful post...
Sorry to hear about your dad Brielle. I'm glad that you and your beautiful daughter were able to spend time with him! Thank heavens for the gospel, and the knowledge that we'll see our loved ones again! ;)
Brielle, I like everyone else, want to say sorry for the loss of you dad. You are in my prayers and I hope the best for you and your adorable little family.
Post a Comment