Saturday, October 15, 2011

Potty Training...My Baby....

 Well, I did not expect this time to come so quick-Molly started about now too, but with Maggie I decided I was going to wait till she was 2 or just before 2.  She clearly had other plans....This was all her idea NOT mine...

Wednesday Maggie got up and went to the bathroom put her chair on the potty and wanted on-so I humored her and after she ran to her room got some panties we had picked her up one day brought them to me and insisted on wearing them. Before I let her wear them over her diaper cuz she likes to be like Molly-there was NO way she was putting the diaper on. I said what the heck, I will embrace this and go with it so day one began and the decision was made in all of 2 minutes. So I grabbed what I had on hand to make it fun for her..Her Potty Treat Jar, and  I whipped up a quick "Potty Chart" and it was game on- prior to this day she had NEVER gone on the potty just pretended so I was ready to spend lots of time at the pot with no success!

Oct. 12: Day 1:
She actually went on the potty she had 2 accidents and they were both in her chair while she was eating-She did have a diaper on for naps/bed and ended up poopin in her diaper right after I put it on for bed, we need to work that one... Overall I was stoked and thought of a game plan for the next day- we went to Target and she got to pick out a new little potty and some new panties ( I hated the potty we had for Molly and didnt want to use it again) She picked Minnie Mouse and was set and so excited she showed them to everyone we saw...
 Can you tell she LOVES her panties!!!!

 Oct. 13: Day 2:
She had one accident and that wasn't until 7pm and even started going on to the potty without me asking her or taking her and she actually went both those time that she did that. She was rockin the potty and I was just thrilled at how easy and ready she really was and to think I doubted her....She is waking up dry after both her naps, but I am keeping a diaper on just in case till we move her to a big girl bed where she can get out and go potty if she needs too!
 Oct. 14: Day 3:
NOT ONE ACCIDENT!!!  I was ready to start this day and also nervous cuz we were going to run some errands in town and I didn't want her to pee her pants, but didn't want to have a wet car-seat either. When we went to town I put her in a diaper right before we left and took her potty/asked her while we were out and about. She went while we were in town and LOVED washing her hands in the big bathroom.... I bought the slip on diapers instead of pull-ups cuz they were cheaper and the same thing ( I didn't buy one pull-up with Molly cuz I was anti, but after all the washing of Molly's seat I decided with Maggie this was good at least until she didn't need to be asked every so often if she needed to go potty) She can go well over 2 hours without having to go potty!!!
 
Maggie enjoying her "Potty Jar" with M&M's 


 Maggie's potty chart- as of today she has about 15 stars on this sweet little chart!When she gets 30 she gets to go to the store and pick a prize- I honestly thought 30 would take a long time-Not with this kid!
Oct, 15: Day 4:
Today didn't start off so hot with  both a number 1&2 accident first thing this morning- Then through the day and town she didn't have an accident. Right before bed she had one accident and has stayed dry since. So I would say she is still doing pretty awesome!!! I know she will have good and bad days so we will just keep at it....

I am so proud of this little girly, I am blown away by how awesome she is doing and how crazy this all is still- I was not mentally prepared yet for her to grow into such a big girl in the last 4 days. I was planning on getting rid of the Binky in the next couple  weeks, but I guess that will wait till we have this down a little better. Can't do too many big changes all at one time..... Way to go Maggie- You are Rockin @ this Potty thing!!!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Way to go Maggie!
Brielle your girls are darling. I love the picture of Maggie standing in the pink and white stripped outfit. So cute. Keep rockin on the potty Maggie!