Thursday, December 8, 2011

"It's okay because I am super tough!"

Molly needed some new long sleeve t shirts and so we ran to Childrens Place. While I was paying Clint had the girls right outside letting them run around. Molly tripped over her feet and face planted. I heard her crying and when she came to me looked like this. It was so sad, even after we wiped it off it was still red as if it were covered in blood. She was so concerned about what her teacher Mrs. Debbie and the other kids at preschool would say. On the way to pre-school she asked me a dozen times to make sure I tell her teacher she got a scratch. I told her I bet she would just see it and ask her what happened. Then she was worried about what the other kids would say. I told her they would probably ask what happened. When I picked her up I asked her if the kids said anything she said "Yeah, but I just told them its okay cuz I am super tough" It is slowly looking better, but hard because when she opens her mouth to talk or eat it breaks the scab a little and bugs her. Poor girl! She keeps asking me is she is still beautiful with her little ouchy. Of course little lady- you are beautiful!

 This is Mol and Mags favorite thing to do at night before bed!
 We have started what I call "Binky Bootcamp" with Maggie. I was going to go cold turkey with her, but I know it would traumatize the poor child so we decided to go slowly. I cut the top off a few binks so she would not like them, she was concerned and through them in the garbage. I didn't want  a lot laying around. She then got to paint a "binky bucket" for her binkys to stay when she was awake. She can only have them at nap/bed time. She is doing really well, after a few weeks we will get rid of it completely. I am thinking after the Christmas Craziness settles down. I took her into town with me the first day and she didn't even ask for her Bink, but she did not stop talking the entire 3 hours. I was laughing at her the whole time. It was so funny and she was saying the funniest things, and repeating everything I or anyone else said!

"Broken Binky"
"

 We FINALLY got another Ginger Bread house that Molly has been asking for days to make, so first thing this morning we did just that. (Molly does this new face when I try to take her pictures-maybe it hurts her scratch to smile normal)
 Who said frosting right off the cookie at 9 am is so not okay!

 Decorating and taking it very seriously...

 Well, not this kid- She just put a few candies on at first then ate the candy the remaining time!
 Good little Ginger Bread House makers. Molly is VERY proud of her house-while I was putting Mag down for a nap Molly came in and said "Mom, I am sorry I ate some of the Gingerbread house..(then started to cry) I think I might need to go to time out-right mom?" All she did was lick off a little frosting. Bless her heart!
 Our finished crooked little house... Just Perfect!
 I love having a Canvas up for the holidays that has my kids hands/feet on it. This one is super glittery and I just love how they turned out. I love their little hands and feet and always want to remember them just they way they are now!

1 comment:

Branden and Courtney said...

That Molly girl is such a crack up. We can't wait to see them - peri talks a lot to when we forget a bink.