Thursday, July 9, 2009

Swimming Lessons

Molly just completed swimming lessons for the summer- Last year we did 2 sessions and she loved it even though she was about 8 months old. I knew she would have a blast because she loves to go swimming with our buddies. She really has no fear of the water which is a really good thing, and a really bad thing at the same time. We just did the parent/tot class and so they really just get kids used to being in the water. She learned how to walk along the wall with her hands, jump off of the side, blow bubbles, and kick. She was NOT a fan of jumping off the wall, I had to bribe her with popsicles and gum- then she would do just fine and smile as she jumped in. She loved to face all the other kids during everything and loved being thrown in the air. The last day they let you take pictures and turn on the slides and toys. Molly LOVES the big slide, she laughs the entire time down. It was a lot of fun and I am glad she is not scared of the water and enjoyed her lesson-She was pretty proud to show me her certificate:)
Walking along the wall with her hands...
Playing "Red Light Green Light" while kicking her feet...
Jumping In...
Getting ready to JUMP....
Just doing our thing...Down the big slide- I love this picture it looks like she is flying out the slide:)Taking it all in...Down the Froggy Slide- She loved this thing so much at the end of each class they can play on this and she did it everyday for the whole time they were allowed to play...

3 comments:

Janet said...

I'm so glad she likes the water, swimming is so fun! I just can't believe how big she is getting.
She's so fun!

Brandon, Camille & Milo said...

Check out my blog I think you will like it!

Elisha said...

We miss you guys too!! You should have told me about her swimming lessons. I could have signed up with you guys. Maybe next time. We should plan another play date. I think I am taking Rebecca on Friday. Let me know if you want to come with us.