Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Baby Maggie Update..

With our first ultrasound with our little peanut they found a "flashy white spot" on her heart. All her valves and ventricles and everything are intact the way they should be. Her heart is just perfect. Although there is that "white spot" that is on one of the tendon like things that help the valve open and close appropriately. It is what they seem to think as calcium build up. So we had to get an extra ultrasound and will have one more in another 4-6 weeks. So as for todays news the spot is still there, but we don't know the measurements of the previous one so the tech has to compare the two and we will find out if it has stayed the same, or gotten smaller or larger. If it has gotten bigger then it may be a bit more serious, but she doesn't think that will be the case. We are pretty sure she will be just fine, but will find out all that we can before she is born. She looks so much bigger in just the past 4 weeks it is crazy. She is moving around a lot and that may be due to all the Halloween candy that is lying around this joint. We are getting more and more excited about her arrival and Molly is becoming more aware to the baby as well. I am still trying to decide on the colors for her room so that I can make her a blanket of some sort and make some letters for her wall and such.This has gone by much faster than with Molly and with the holidays fast approaching it will be even quicker which will be nice till January comes and things slow down a lot. Good thing I have the cutest 2 year old to keep me busy!Her little arm and hand...
Her profile with hand in the back ground...
Little foot...This is a picture of her heart, I put little red arrows on both sides of her little "white spot" on her heart..

I just love getting ultrasounds to see the progress with the little lady. Although our insurance along with most only pay for one, since our situation is medical they will cover any and all that we may require which isn't ideal, but we do get to see her more often:) That is the special added bonus to the added stress it brings.

2 comments:

Jana Homer said...

Good luck with everything! Both Hunter and Chloe and spots on their brains in their first ultrasounds, and they later dissolved. Keep me posted. I can't believe your already 20 weeks! Congrats!!

Kyler and Hillary said...

wow, this seems alarming to me! We will pray that everything turns out great! And I LOVE the name MAGGIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for awhile I wanted to name my girls...(Maggie, Molly, Suzie and I can't remember the other at the moment) I don't like suzie anymore. But i truly love molly and maggie. Kyler says I can't name our girls those. I hope you don't take offense to that because boys opinions don't count (only if its your husband) so don't be sad that your namin her maggie. haha. I am being crazy. But anyways. I am glad that you are naming your girls these names that I ADORE! jealous!