Saturday, July 23, 2011

"Grandma Grapes" House...

This past Tuesday I decided spur of the moment like midnight the night before to go to my Grandma's House in Ferron, Utah...(an hour south of Price) It is a quaint little farm town that I actually lived in till I was about 3 yrs. old... Infact, My grandma and grandpa kept saying, I remember you when you were Molly's age and coming over for the day and now I get to spend days with your kids.  It is so much fun to go there and be away from the world and just play outside all day long, eat and fun little restaurants, ice cream runs, and just enjoying eacother.  Molly had a blast teasing my Grandpa almost constantly taking his shoes, messing up his hair, pinching him, you name it...He made her laugh so hard in the process. It was just The girls and I up there. My grandma kept saying "It is so nice to just have you here with the girls and not with everyone else around so we get to see their cute little personalities come out".. My Grandma Jan is my favorite person in the whole world, if I could be anything like her I would feel accomplished. She is an amazing women and I am so glad my girls get to know her along with my grandpa and all their other "greats". It was such a fun trip and we are already planning the next one...Molly has been crying for "Grandma Grape and Papa Kent" since we got home...

The Hammock was Molly's most favorite thing of the whole trip.. Any time we were outside she was on this thing for most of the time!
 
Wouldn't be right if we didn't have Ice Cream of some other treat every day...
 Every morning and evening my Grandparents sit on their portch on this swing and read or just talk..
 
After the first time we went on the ATV's Molly was hooked and asked constantly if we could go on the "floor whaler"...Maggie was nervous at the first of every ride once we started going she started to laugh and point at things she was seeing.
More Ice Cream
This kid is such a nut!
Trip to the park

More Hanging out... Molly sitting by the squirrel we caught(then released)-More Hammock time-Teasing Grandpa Kent-Playing with "blue" the cat
 
Maggie riding the "tute little bear"
 
It is a must to take a bath every night becaues playing outside all day can get very messy
 
Maggie doesn't let ANYONE hold her most the time..This just melted my heart, I was going to get her to sleep and she started to cry for "Mama" which is Grandma and sounds a little different then when she says "mama" for mommy...So I took her out there and they rocked for a good half hour.. As soon as she woke up in the morning she was asking for "Mama" (Grandma) again!
Breakfast on the porch and one last 4 wheeler ride..About the end of it Molly started leaning forward and we looked down and she was fast asleep! 
Crazy Morning Get Up...Jamies, Choc.Milk, Shows, Jacket, and BED HEAD
 
Everytime we are there I have to make a stop to see my dads grave-Molly loves to look at all the treasures people leave and she helps me fix the flowers or what not too..  We are also lucky enough to see "Grandma No" or Grandma Snow while we are up there too since they live in the same town, she was helping her sister @ her restaurant most the time so we didn't get to see her much, but enjoyed the time we did see her.
Playing in the tree house we just re-painted
 
It was such a fun trip and a good way to spend the week that Clint was in classes the whole time. Can't wait to go back! Thanks "Grandma Grape and Papa Kent" for having us!

Some fun comparisons...Molly is 23 months and Maggie is 17.5 months....
Both on the "Little Bear"
Both wearing the same get-up bed head included-

No comments: