Let me start with a little conversation I had with Molly about a month ago....
Molly: "Mom, I need a bunny pet"
Mom: "You want a bunny for a pet, I am sorry sweetheart, but we don't have spot for a bunny pet"
Molly: "What pet can I have"
Mom: "What about a fish, that's pretty much all daddy will allow I think"
Molly: " O that will be perfect a fish pet, yes a fish pet is perfect Mommy"
I then got to thinking how she could "earn" her "fish pet". I thought we would make a chart with 10 squares on it and every day that she 1: didn't pee her pants because she got too busy 2: Didn't go in time out 3: Was nice and happy all day 4: Helped clean up toys and helped Mom ...she would earn a fish in the square. When she got them all filled up we would let her pick out a "fish pet"...Overall she just had to be happy and good all day and she would earn one.
She filled that chart up in about 2 weeks, it worked awesome. We were going out of town right when the chart was filled up so we waited till we knew we were going to be home for a while. Well that just happened to be this past weekend. We went to Petco and let Molly pick out her very own fish. She picked a pretty blue/purple Betta fish and a little tank to go with it.
When I asked her what she wanted to name it she said "Roxanne" almost immediately. I was taken back and thought Roxanne? Really? Well, Clint then tried telling her it was a boy fish (which it is-according the the bowl it was in) she walked by the car and started to cry to me and said "I wanna name it Roxanne Mommy, I just lllooooooovvve Roxanne" I said she could name it whatever she wanted and she was happy. In the car again Clint said, "Its a boy fish Molly" to which Molly looked at him and said "Her is a girl fish named Roxanne Daddy!!"
When I asked her what she wanted to name it she said "Roxanne" almost immediately. I was taken back and thought Roxanne? Really? Well, Clint then tried telling her it was a boy fish (which it is-according the the bowl it was in) she walked by the car and started to cry to me and said "I wanna name it Roxanne Mommy, I just lllooooooovvve Roxanne" I said she could name it whatever she wanted and she was happy. In the car again Clint said, "Its a boy fish Molly" to which Molly looked at him and said "Her is a girl fish named Roxanne Daddy!!"
3 comments:
Welcome to the family Roxanne! I'm proud of Molly for working so hard to earn her first pet. Way to go!!!
So cute! Good Job Molly!
I just love how cute she is! How funny! I hope Roxanne is doing well! :D
Post a Comment