
My baby girl is 15 months old today, I just can't believe how big she is getting. We have been trying to decided when to get rid of the bottle and binkie, but I just can't decide. She is learning more and more things every single day. She is slowly growing out of the 2 naps a day, this transition to 1 nap is a bit challenging, we will see if it last of if she still needs the 2 naps. She is learning a lot of animal sounds and love to see them in books or real life. She is so funny and loves when people laugh at her because she laughs back. She is really into climbing right now onto the couch is her specialty. She has not mastered it yet, but has a stool to give her a little boost. She loves her baby dolls a lot lately- picks them up kisses them, pats their backs on her shoulder, lay them in the bed or stroller with a blanket on top of them with their bottles. Such a good little mommy, aside from the picture of the baby upside down in the last post:)! She eats so well and is still a pretty big girl. In fact I took her to the Dr. for her 15 month check up and someone thought she was 2!!!! 2 my baby is only 15 months old and someone thought she was 2!!!!! She weighs 25.6 lbs (85%) and 31 1/2 in (85%) She is above average and has been since they started charting her when she was a wee little tike! Some of her latest and greatest accomplishments are:
Knows what a-
duck says: "buack, buack"
cow says: "mmmmmmmoooaaa"(something like that with clenched lips)
dog says: "ru, ru"
lion says: "rrrrrrrrooooaaaaaa" (hasn't perfected this one quite yet, still working on it)
Newest words: "daw"-dog
"ball"
She also shakes her head and knows what "no" and "yes" means really well, especially when she doesn't want to do something or eat something she's got the "no" nod down.
Favorites-
Food-chicken nuggets, ham and chz sandwich, chips, bananas, yogurt, applesauce
Songs-Itsy Bitsy Spider, Wheels on the Bus, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
Shows- still holds Mickey Mouse Clubhouse near and dear to her heart
Books- Minnie's Dance, any touch and feel animal book
Things to do- play at the park, play with her little friends, read books on mommy/daddy's lap, push her own stroller or the cart at any store!
She has also gotten really good at feeding herself with both a fork and spoon and really likes to drink out of a real cup. My baby is getting so independent and I don't know that she qualifies for the baby category anymore, I think she has officially entered into toddlerism~ I love you Molly J. Happy 15 mo. Birthday!
2 comments:
Happy 15th month old birthday to our Molly J!
I'm loving that picture, wouldn't you like to get into their head and see what they're thinking...cuz she's saying something here.
My daughter is a shorty. Molly is like 2 1/2in taller then her and Paige is two months older. But that's just how they've been all along! haha! But Molly is such a QT! Oh and that is way crazy that someone thought she was two! wow! And I got Paige off the bottle and it went easier then a thought it would when I just commited to packing the bottles away, but I don't think I'm ready to ween the binky yet. Though, that will be my next step. Let me know if you do it and how it goes for you!
Post a Comment