My little miss Molly has this obsession with taking the couch cushions off about 10 times a day it is an obsession I am trying to break her of, but man is it exhausting! Some times I just have to give in and have a cushion party. I will come out from putting Mag down for a nap and say,
"Molly, why are the cushions off, you need to put it back"
to which she responds,
"Mom, I need it off its my rest its just one mommy...(pause) that okay it a great idea mommy"
Maggie gets so excited when the cushions are off because then she can climb onto the couch all by herself and she is quick. Now that it is getting warmer I am hoping the fetish will fade with the much anticipated and needed trips outside to play.
I was feeling the urge to do something crafty and Valentinesy and came up with these beauties.... I got all the stuff and had a total different idea in my head making hearts out of thumbprints and as I got the supplies out my idea changed to these!
Items needed:
5x7 plain white canvas-I got mine at Roberts
Paint colors of your choice-since its for Valentines I did Red, Pink and White
Glitter color of your choice-I picked white since thats what I wanted glittered
Cute little tootsies to paint and place in heart shape on canvas
How to:
Paint the canvas one solid color and let dry completely
Paint the bottoms of your littles feet (I did one at a time) place on canvas on a diagonal once removed sprinkler glitter on really fast so that it sticks
Repeat with the other foot going in the opposite direction making it look like well a heart
Sprinkle with glitter again
I added little polk-a-dots around the "heart" for a little more pizazz I guess I also wrote the girls names on the bottom with the year.
I love how they turned out and know they will appear every year with the Valentines decor- I love preserving their "littleness" by doing things with their feet and hand prints. I wish I had done more things like this when Molly was little little...
4 comments:
Those are so very cute! What a great idea. I will definitely try it out with my kids!
those are darling brielle! that's such a cute idea. LOVE it!
So glad my couch cushions are attached! Cute little idea!
You are such a cute mommy!
Post a Comment