Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Feeling a little Crafty...

I have been in a crafty kick lately and my house was a disaster for a little while cuz I had craft crap strung out all over the place trying to finish everything up!

I did this craft with Molly when she had just turned 2 (you can see it in the background in the brown frame). Now that Maggie is old enough to hold her hand out while I painted each color on it without freaking out I thought it was time to do one with both of them. There is just something about those little hands that I just cant resist!
 These next couple pictures are not about crafts, but too cute to pass up....They really love each other SO much

 LOVE this picture of her with those perfectly sticking up piggy tails and that cute little smile..Adorable!
 She is getting so grown up and sweeter by the second..
I bought this jewelry holder at some yard sale and it was an ugly forest green So when I was painting stuff for the girls rooms I had extra paint and just decided to paint it this great color too. It was for Molly's room, but I decided I liked it for myself.HA!
 My friend Becky helped me build the frame for this bow holder- It is pretty big and kinda embarassing how many bows we have-this is full when all the bows are on there and then we have another hanging one in Mags room full too-
 My friend Ashley got this for Molly for her birthday- It just might be my favorite thing in her room. It is from the movie "The Help" and I just Love it so much it is right above her light switch as she leaves her room.
 Painted Frames for Mags room-Molly has some painted that blue color too- We are in the process of putting them in the same room so they needed to match each other a little bit.
 This little bench my brother Cody made for Molly it was just he natural wood then I decided to spruce it up a bit and it is now the "Time Out" bench!
 
 I made this nightstand when I was in high school and it was natural Oak stain and I wanted it to match the girls furniture so I spray painted it. It was a little more time consuming, because I worked so hard to make the dang thing I needed it to look just as good white as it did Oak... I love how it turned out and actually like it better this way!

 I made this wreath and had a couple girls come over and do one too- They turned out just how we wanted and I LOVE it. Wrapping the yarn around was a bit tedious and tiresome, but so worth it!
 I have posted pics of these that I made, but thought I would throw it in here too.. Molly a skirt, Maggie a pillow case dress..
 Now this is my most favorite craft to have completed and have made each girl one more since. I also have fabric to make them at least one more whenever I find a spare minute. I think they are adorable and they looked so darn cute in them at church on Sunday. It is fun to see them being able to wear what I made them. Makes it totally worth it, especially when Molly says "O my gosh Mom, I just love it, it is perfect!"





Now that the holidays are fast approaching I have  a few more things on my "Craft To Do List".. I better get started!

1 comment:

Katie said...

You are my hero, and so amazing at all your crafts!! Wow. Way to go. And your girls are just to die for!