This time of year is so magical with little kids, it is so much fun to see the magic through their sweet, innocent, believing eyes. I decided since the girls Christmas dresses were rather Christmasy (green/red) they needed to wear them all month long to get the most wear out of them. Molly's will fit next year, but Mags is from last year already so its a little short. They were so happy and Maggie even told me to take a picture before we left. She had to add her baby in, but I was able to talk her into a few without her lovely baby. When we got home, Clint took Mag by the tree and told her to hang on the branch and shake to knock down leaves. She thought she was so cool, Molly didn't want anything to do with it, but Mag loved it...
Monday night was our family date night, usually when Clint doesnt work at night we take full advantage and pack as much fun things in as we can. We decided to check out the Christmas @ Town Square I guess you could call it. The girls were so excited to ride the carousel and see Santa for the 3rd time. After we saw Santa Molly said, "Okay mom, I think we saw Santa enough times this year already" I think 3 is a pretty good number to end on.
After Town Square we went to see the Temple lights and the manger seen. The girls could hardly stand the anticipation we have been talking about the true meaning of Christmas and this was the perfect time to actually show them so they understand better. Maggie just things baby Jesus needs cupcakes with candles on Christmas, but we are getting there. There is something special about the feeling you get at the Temple, but even more so with all the pretty lights and the manger seen to look at. I loved watching the girls hold Clint's hand as they walked to the stairs of the Temple. So sweet and I hope they always remember the true meaning of Christmas.
No comments:
Post a Comment