Sweet Molly girl got hit with Roseola this past week. Started on Monday she was just lazy and wanted to just watch shows, drink ice water and lounge around and not eat anything. I just thought she was tired so we got her ready for school and by lunch nothing had changed so I made her lunch then she wouldn't eat. Took her temperature and it was 102. I told her she couldn't go to school and she was crushed cried for a few minutes then snuggled up on the couch to watch Full House for the 15th time that day. With in a few seconds she was out- she never takes naps so this was so out of character.
I decided to watch her and her fever came and went all day with Tylenol as soon as the medicine wore off fever came raging back. The first two days with no school made her so sad, but with a fever she couldn't go she had no other symptoms but was down and out for 2 days, by the third day I made an appointment for the Dr. and she perked up and stated to play a little so I cancelled. She had been doing simple things like writing the ABC's a couple time, lining up the dolls, and building a tower before she would crash again. That night her fever came back the highest ever almost 103 so in the morning I got her into the Dr. and as we were sitting there talking to the Dr. her temperature went away and a rash started to form on her neck and torso- Dr. looks at me and says, yup Roseola!
I am no stranger to this Maggie has had it twice and pretty bad like Molly's case so I knew once the rash appeared she was on the mend and fever was done. She could then play and go to school after 24 hrs. with no fever. Of course she missed all 4 days of school this week and so she will be able to go next week just intime for all the fun Christmas activities. My mom brought her some of the work they were doing because she kept telling me she needed her homework since she was sick. Along with that my mom brought her cards/letters from a couple kids in her class and she was stoked. She has been so worried they would forget who she was so this lifted her spirits quite a bit.
While Mol was down and locked in my room watching every episode of Full House I could record over and over again, Mag and I were entertaining ourselves outside my room. Mag kept herself really busy and played by herself better than ever. Maggie would go in throughout the day and fix the blanket on Molly and ask her if she needed anything and say things like " Nahmly, I am so sorrry yous has a feeber" We are so done being stuck at home and Molly just keeps asking if we can go to Target!
No comments:
Post a Comment