Thursday, March 15, 2012

Meet Rizzo and Sparkle...

I went out on a limb and we decided to get baby chicks and have them in our backyard when they got bigger so we could have fresh eggs... We are just getting our yard finished so it would be perfect or so I thought. We were so excited Clint not so much, but the girls and I loved the idea of little chicks as our new pets. We went to the store and got them and got all the stuff they needed to keep they growing and strong until they could be put outside and start to get bigger to lay eggs. We got them all set up and were loving on them when I realized every time I went in the room they were in my eyes/throat would start to itch and I would start sneezing-Same with Maggie everytime she came in she would start to sneeze and her nose would run.. So we were allergic and had to get rid of the little chicks. It was really sad-we only had them a couple days I knew they would go outside after about 5 weeks, but 5 weeks with horrible allergies was not going to be fun so we had to give them to a guy my dad knew that had some other baby chicks and didn't mind adding 2 more to the brood. I am not going to lie there may have been some tears shed on both Molly and my part... They are doing fine now and in a great little home where they will be able to have lots of friends-that's what we told Molly and it made her much happier.

Molly was so in love with these two chicks- the first morning she woke up and heard them peeping she woke Maggie up and said "Come on Mag lets go see our cute little chicks they are waiting for us"  Molly named them "Rizzo" and "Sparkle" they looked the same so it was hard to tell which was which.It was fun while it lasted and we sure miss our little chicks now!











1 comment:

Janet said...

Bummer! They were two lucky little chicks to have you guys take care of them. (even if it was only for a short time) Love the picture of Molly holding the chick, maybe she needs another fish...Roxanne lasted a lot longer than I thought she would. Good luck!