This sweet, sweet little girl has had a rough couple weeks...
March 12, 2012
Molly was playing on some rocks at the splashpad in town *the water was not on* she was kinda standing on the side of her flipflop and just collapsed down hard onto the top of the rock she was standing on. I was watching her and bam, she was just down! It was so sad she screamed and cried pretty hard. Clint was right there and picked her up and dusted her off. She recovered after a few minutes and then continued playing with her cousins like nothing was wrong.
March 13-15, 2012
The next day she could hardly move her leg or walk even 10ft. it hurt her so bad. I then just watched her and thought maybe she just bruised her bone or something and it would wear off. On Thursday we went to the park with some friends and I asked them to watch her and see what they thought. After watching her limp around really bad and try her hardest to play and climb-it took her FOREVER to just get up the stairs and she tried to slide down which just ended in tears cuz it hurt her leg. So that was that, I called the doc and they told me I should bring her in. I did, they did some range of motion things, poked and prodded and decided she indeed probably had a bruised little hip. He told me if she was still limping by the first of the next week to take her for a x-ray.
March 22, 2012
Come the next Thursday so a week in a half after it happened she was still complaining and limping- I knew she had a soccer game that day and wanted it checked before I let her play. I took her for an x-ray which was awesome because we were in and out in about 20 min. She was totally freaked out and just kept asking me if she had to pull her pants down because she just didn't want them to see her bum! I told her that they wouldn't have to pull her pants down and if she was brave she could get a new "Lalaloopsy" doll. She was sold and was so brave, it did help they gave her lots of stickers. Before the first x-ray was taken she covered her face and wouldn't budge, after the first one she thought it was pretty cool and uncovered her face to watch. After they took the pictures they let her look at her bones and she thought that was pretty neat.
We had to wait till the next day to get results so she did play her soccer game because she wanted to, but after about 30 sec. on the field she just started to cry because her leg hurt-it was so pitiful and sad. I felt so sorry for her and just wanted to zap her better. They didn't see anything on the x-ray no breaks or fractures so concluded she indeed had a bruised hip that was being very stubborn and taking quite awhile to heal. The nurse told me a 7-10 days- It took Molly about 15 days to be able to run again and not limp in the least while walking! Bless her heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment